FEAST-L Archives

November 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Ann Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:36:21 -0500
Dear all:

There is an Indian woman philosopher Beena Rose who is here this fall as a
fellow at the Five College WOST Research Center in West MA.  She wants to
find a job in the US because of difficult family circumstances back home,
and I would like to help her do so.  Her problem is that although she has a
JD. law degree and a PhD in Philosophy and teaching experience, she doesnt
have many publications so is at a disadvantage to get work here.  She is
currently working on a paper on Gandhi's ethics and how his views on women
relate to that, and would like some editorial help with it to turn it into a
publishable paper.  It is not my area of expertise  so I dont think I would
be much help finding her a place to publish this and getting it ready.  Is
there anyone on the list willing to mentor her?  If so, reply privately to
me ([log in to unmask]) and I will get you in touch with her.

Thanks much
Ann Ferguson

--
Ann Ferguson
Professor emerita of Philosophy and Women's Studies UMass Amherst and