FEAST-L Archives

March 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Ann Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:48:30 -0500
Hello all,

My department is hiring for a one-year full-time position -- the full job ad
is below, and a slightly abbreviated version will show up shortly on the
on-line version of JFP.  Could you please circulate it as you see fit?

Thanks
Ann

Philosophy.  Elon University invites applications for a one-year visiting
appointment at the instructor or assistant professor level with the
possibility of one or two yearsı extension, beginning August 2010. MA
required; PhD strongly preferred. Six undergraduate courses per year, one of
which may be scheduled in our three-week January term. We seek an energetic
and innovative teacher with a commitment to introductory Ethical Practice
and Critical Thinking courses. AOS/AOC open. Elon is a dynamic 5000-student
university on the ³New American College² model with a strong emphasis on
engaged learning, service learning, and international study.  To learn more
about Elon, please visit our website at www.elon.edu <http://www.elon.edu> ;
to learn more about the Philosophy Department, please visit
http://org.elon.dedu/philosophy/ <http://org.elon.edu/philosophy/> .
Applications should include a CV, a cover letter specifically addressing the
teaching of introductory philosophy and a vision of philosophy as
transformative practice, a summary of documentation regarding teaching
effectiveness, and three letters of recommendation. Send applications to
Linda Martindale, Administrative Assistant to the Philosophy Department, CB
2125, Elon University, Elon, NC 27244. Review of applications will begin on
April 5, 2010, and will continue until position is filled. Elon University
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and
student body. Candidates from under-represented groups and with
non-traditional career tracks are encouraged to apply.

--
Ann J. Cahill
Chair and Associate Professor of Philosophy