FEAST-L Archives

October 2018

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Mariana Alessandri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mariana Alessandri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:56:58 +0000
Dear FEAST,

I believe UTRGV is the only US university looking for someone who can teach philosophy in Spanish, and we would love to get a real diversity of candidates. AOS open.

The Department of Philosophy at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Philosophy to begin Fall 2019. Areas of Specialization and Competence are open. Our department is pluralistic in terms of philosophical approach, with faculty representing Analytic, Continental, American, Latin American, Asian, and Feminist traditions, and we welcome applicants whose work may add to or strengthen this plurality. The faculty hired for this position will be expected to teach philosophy courses in two languages; some courses are to be taught in English and others in Spanish. The successful candidate must be proficient in written and spoken English and Spanish, and we would prefer candidates with scholarship experience in Spanish. With this hire the Department seeks to further cultivate and enhance the diverse cultural and linguistic assets of our university and the Rio Grande Valley. Preference will also be given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding teaching and outreach ability to grow the Philosophy Program in our Brownsville campus, where the candidate is expected to carry out all or most teaching and outreach obligations.

For more info, please see: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__careers.utrgv.edu_postings_19429&d=DwIFAg&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=pZTj2E5ZMzPHhM7Lh0MH878biBNslHIf5L_TBfQpwuw&s=bsNSOAZ6KTpkhlza7Eno_oxw1RKKtrzZp7jQUxrEBdY&e=

Mariana Alessandri, PhD.
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Affiliate Faculty in Mexican-American Studies and Gender and Women's Studies
Department of Philosophy, ELABS 342
University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley
1201 University Dr.
Edinburg, TX 78539
USA

"Digital technologies might be a perfect solution to some problems, but those problems don't include education-not if by education we mean the development of the skills to think critically about any given issue" (Evgeny Morozov, To Save Everything Click Here, 8).