FEAST-L Archives

February 2015

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Joan Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:28:53 -0500
Dear Feminist Philosophers,

As many of you know, Ann Garry, Sandra Harding, Alison Jaggar, and I formed
a SWIP Archive Steering Committee last year and now have in place a SWIP
Archive home in The Feminist Theory Archive at Brown University's Pembroke
Center for Teaching and Research on Women.

We have also secured a small grant from the APA to assist the archivist in
processing the first batch of donations.  HOWEVER, organizational matters
at Brown have made it genuinely URGENT that SWIP materials reach the
archive BY MAY 1 in order to get the processing launched.  If we don't have
sufficient materials in by then, we might be delayed for a long as a year.

Thus, if you have in your possession (paper or digital) ANY materials
regarding the origination of any of the SWIP divisions or any of the
divisions’ ongoing activities (meeting programs, correspondence, etc.)
please get these together and mail them in.  Please urge others to do the
same.  You will find instructions about all this at the following link for
SWIP donors:

*http://www.brown.edu/research/pembroke-center/archives/feminist-theory-archives/swip-donor-information
<http://www.brown.edu/research/pembroke-center/archives/feminist-theory-archives/swip-donor-information>*

At the link above, you’ll also find suggestions for what to include.
Please don’t go through your files and take out what you think are
irrelevant or the Archive won’t want (except as indicated in any
instructions).  Please leave those decisions to the Archivist.

The instructions are pretty straightforward.  But if you have any lingering
questions, please contact the Feminist Theory / SWIP Archivist directly –

Wendy Korwin, Archivist
*(401) 863-6268*
Email: *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

Again, in order to even get the processing started, we REALLY DO need you
to get your materials into Wendy Korwin by May 1.  (I know I am redundant.
Worse than that, I repeat myself....)

All best,

Joan

for Ann, Sandra, and Alison, as well