FEAST-L Archives

March 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Falguni A. Sheth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Falguni A. Sheth
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:22:08 -0400
Hi, all:
I just wanted to send a reminder about the call for papers for this year's
meetings, which will be held at U.Mass Boston. Our keynote speaker will be
Prof. Linda Martin Alcoff. Also please note our website, which is still
being updated: *http://caroundtable.webs.com*

Thanks, and for the organizers,

Warm regards,
FS

The California Roundtable on Philosophy and Race

goes to Boston!

September 23-24, 2011

* *
Keynote Speaker: Linda Martín Alcoff, Hunter College, CUNY

Call for Papers

* *

The California Roundtable on Philosophy and Race announces a call for papers
for its seventh annual roundtable. This roundtable brings together
philosophers of race, and those working in related fields in a small and
congenial setting to share their work and to help further this
sub-discipline of philosophy.  Philosophical papers are invited on any issue
regarding race, ethnicity, or racism, and including those that take up race
in the context of another topic, such as feminism, political philosophy,
ethics, justice, culture, identity, biology, phenomenology, existentialism,
psychoanalysis, metaphysics, or epistemology.

Submissions are especially encouraged from junior scholars and philosophers
of color. We seek to foster a productive and intellectually stimulating
environment for those working in philosophy and race. The Roundtable also
aspires to bring together junior and senior scholars to develop and enhance
constructive mentoring relationships.

Please attach a detailed (2-3 page) abstract, as an MS word.doc or .pdf file

*Subject heading should read: (your last name) CRPR 11 Submission*

*Submission Deadline: May 15, 2011*

Please see www.caroundtable.webs.com for more information.

For questions, please contact us at [log in to unmask]

*Organizers:*

Darrell Moore, Philosophy, DePaul University

Mickaella Perina, Philosophy, University of Massachusetts, Boston

Falguni A. Sheth, Social Science, Hampshire College