FEAST-L Archives

October 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Helga Haberler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helga Haberler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 17:34:46 +0200
...when it comes to the logics of what was just described as the
disappearance or the silencing of women (e.g. by hegemonial citation
habits), one could start with the Matilda effect (Matthew effect,
Merton) by Margaret W. Rossiter whose focus are the sciences, published
in the mid 90ies in Social Studies of Science, Sage; short abstract of
the article: http://sss.sagepub.com/content/23/2/325.abstract
all the best,
he