FEAST-L Archives

August 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Eva KITTAY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eva KITTAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:37:42 -0400
My first thought is that it should be SWIP, E-SWIP in this case.  As you point out FEAST isn't an association that has sessions at FEAST.  So maybe this thought should be sent to the SWIP-listserve?  A commemorative award.  I like the idea and as so many feminist philosophers who were pioneers in this area are aging, I am sad to say this is something that we should think about--another way to keep alive and recognize the work of those who have built the mansion we live in.

On Aug 30, 2014, at 6:25 PM, Meyers, Diana <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I like the idea of a commemorative award, Eva.  But did you mean that FEAST should do it or that E-SWIP should?  FEAST hasn’t ever done sessions at the APA before.  We’d/FEAST would need to get credentialized with the APA to do a session at a devision meeting, but we could start by doing a memorial session at our next FEAST conference.  Or E-SWIP could add a memorial session to its APA agenda.  What would be best, I wonder?  diana
> **************************************
> Diana Tietjens Meyers
> Professor Emerita of Philosophy
> University of Connecticut, Storrs
> http://dianatietjensmeyers.wordpress.com/
>

> From: ami baron <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Saturday, August 30, 2014 at 5:29 PM
> To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Link to Anne Donchin's obituary in NYT
>
> Great idea!
>
> Ami
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 30, 2014, at 16:01, Eva KITTAY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Could we possibly have a special award for our fallen heroines?
>> On Aug 30, 2014, at 2:47 PM, Alison M Jaggar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I wish Anne had won it while she was alive. I am sorry that I won't be able to support her nomination this year because I am already in the middle of a campaign for someone else!
>>>
>>> Alison
>>>
>>> Alison M. Jaggar
>>> University of Colorado at Boulder
>>> College Professor of Distinction, Philosophy and Women and Gender Studies
>>> Research Coordinator University of Oslo Center for the Study of Mind in Nature,
>>> Boulder, CO 80309-0232
>>> 303-492-8997 (direct line)
>>> 303-492-6132 (dept. office)