FEAST-L Archives

March 2019

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"King, Audra (Philosophy)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
King, Audra (Philosophy)
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 23:07:00 +0000
I haven’t attended a SWIP conference in a while, so my input may be superfluous or irrelevant. I apologize if that’s the case.

I am wondering if it may be possible to publicize the SWIP conferences to a broader audience  By this I mean not just to more academic audiences (beyond philosophy), but also to nonprofit organizations. First, in addition to opening up the conference to a larger participant pool, this would give many in the academy the opportunity to truly have theory meet practice...Many of us have done so, but some have not...This is a great space to open up. Second, as Marilyn points out, there are not many tenure track jobs out there...meeting and interacting with those working in national and international nonprofit feminist organizations would be incredibly helpful.

Again, apologies if these suggestions are redundant :)

Audra King, PhD
Central Connecticut State University
MW 306