FEAST-L Archives

October 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Tal Correm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tal Correm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:57:49 -0400
Dear Andrea Veltman,

On behalf of the Hannah Arendt Circle, I am writing to ask if you might
consider posting the following CFP on FEAST list. I believe the conference
will be of interest to feminist scholars and students, and I would be
extremely grateful if you could kindly help us spread the word.

***

*CFP: Hannah Arendt Circle, Texas A&M University, April 23–25, 2015*

*The Department of Philosophy and Humanities at Texas A&M University will
be hosting the ninth independent conference of the Hannah Arendt Circle,
April 23–25, 2015.*

As in past years, we invite individual submissions for papers *on any
aspect of Arendt's work*, including critiques and applications of her
thinking.

Please send an abstract of the paper (750 word limit) as an email (“.doc”
or “.docx”) attachment. Abstracts should be formatted for anonymous review
and submitted to the program committee chair, Kei Hiruta
<[log in to unmask]>*) on or before January 10th, 2015. Please
indicate "Arendt Circle submission" in the subject heading of your email
message.

Program decisions will be announced during the first week of February 2015.

*Program Committee*:

Kei Hiruta, University of Oxford

Daniel Conway, Texas A&M University

Tal Correm, Temple University

Our first eight independent meetings were outstanding, and we are looking
forward to the same camaraderie and intense discussion of Arendt’s work at
this year’s conference. Each speaker will have 35 minutes in total (20
minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for discussion).

Texas A&M University is located in College Station, Texas, and lodging may
be reserved at the Hyatt Place College Station, which provides reliable
shuttle service to and from the meeting site.

Program and information concerning travel and accommodation will be
available no later than February 28th, 2015 at: *www.thearendtcircle.com
<http://www.thearendtcircle.com/>*

***

Best wishes,