FEAST-L Archives

June 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Shay Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:37:01 -0400
I do think that somewhere someone should address the difficulties that come
from class/cultural difference.  While I do not go nearly as far as some
others, I do believe that class difference makes for nearly insurmountable
obstacles (at least in my mind).  There is a similar, though unique, feeling
of un-relatability that comes from knowing that they "(secretly) know what
you really are (secretly)" and a fear of being discovered or even co-opted
into the elitism.
Shay