FEAST-L Archives

September 2015

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Naomi Scheman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Naomi Scheman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2015 19:27:56 -0500
*History of Philosophy - Tenure Track Position*

The Department of Philosophy at the University of Minnesota (Twin Cities)
invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in
history of philosophy beginning fall semester 2016. Appointment will be
100% time over the nine-month academic year and at the rank of tenure-track
assistant professor consistent with collegiate and University policy.
Required qualifications: Ph.D. in philosophy or related field. Areas of
specialization: History of philosophy. Areas of competence: We are seeking
someone whose research interests complement others in the department (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__philosophy.umn.edu_people_faculty.html&d=BQIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=LFTklFP3e7HeLJTZzBXsHkqaOXw5fi_Ku3a0nFh4dhk&s=B_PtgVgjBLz3tRth5ffe7AVWvp7vcYv-cSiZZ01Rq6w&e= ). The Department of
Philosophy has particular strengths in the areas of logic and philosophy of
mathematics, moral and political philosophy, and the philosophy of science.

Candidates will be assessed according to overall academic preparation in
the history philosophy, the relevance of their research to the department's
academic priorities and the field of inquiry, evidence or promise of
becoming a leading researcher, evidence of commitment to teaching and
skills as a teacher, and strength of recommendations. Inquiries about the
position should be directed to Alan Love <[log in to unmask]>. To apply or
learn more about the position, please see our PhilJobs listing:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__philjobs.org_job_show_3828&d=BQIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=LFTklFP3e7HeLJTZzBXsHkqaOXw5fi_Ku3a0nFh4dhk&s=jpoGiDL04ZF86fpGcF5zDnMnj6QHlO1mZmFltT2zWUQ&e=

*Note from Naomi Scheman:* As the only current member of the Department
with an AOS in feminist philosophy, I personally hope that we might hire a
historian of philosophy with interests in feminist and/or critical race
theory, especially since I will be retiring at the end of this year. While
the description is intentionally maximally open and there is no consensus
in the Department about this or any other emphasis or AOC, I am quite
certain that such applicants will be given serious consideration and that
the Department and College would be a friendly place for them to work.

*Naomi SchemanProfessor of Philosophy and Gender, Women, & Sexuality
Studies (GWSS)Affiliate faculty, Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of
Global Change (ICGC)University of MinnesotaPhilosophy Department--271 19th
Ave. S., Minneapolis MN 55455*