FEAST-L Archives

November 2013

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Brooke Schueneman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brooke Schueneman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:40:43 +0000
We are pleased to announce the 2014 Graduate Student Philosophy Conference to be held on February 7th and 8th, 2014 at the University of Georgia.
This year we are greatly pleased to have Charles Mills as our keynote speaker for the conference.
Any paper topic is acceptable, however, papers directly responding to Mills' research or in the areas of Mills' work (philosophy of race, critical race theory, epistemologies of ignorance, Marxism, and multiculturalism) will be given priority.
Papers of high quality with a length of no more than 3,500 words can be submitted to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  The submissions should be in blind-review format with no identifying information, accompanied by a separate 500 word abstract which includes author information.
Submission deadline is December 5th, Midnight Eastern Standard Time.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact Brooke Schueneman ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), Nathan Wood ([log in to unmask]<mailto:Wood%20([log in to unmask]>), or Jackson Schwartz ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).
In the past there has been some limited funds to distribute to traveling graduate students and we expect the same this year but unfortunately cannot guarantee this.