FEAST-L Archives

October 2017

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Shay Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shay Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 20:13:36 -0400
Dear Attendees,

I would like to assess some various aspects of the conference.  So I am
asking a few questions; some are addressed to all and some for different
groups- some of which may overlap.  Any and all responses will be kept
100%  confidential on my end.  I will then make a report of the climate and
the pros and cons and inform the steering committee.  I would appreciate
specific and informed comments but any and all comments are appreciated.
Also, I'm pretty beat and may not have considered all possible evaluative
questions.  So if there's anything additional you would like to share,
please do.

To all attendees:

1) How was the intellectual and psychological climate?  Did you feel heard,
listened to, or given uptake regarding your ideas?

2) Do you think the conference theme was beneficial overall and did you
feel as if the organization ensured the presentations were suitable to
and/or consistent with and/or complementary to the theme?

3) Did you learn new ideas that you will find useful for your future work
or your future teaching practices?

4) Was the environment and overall collective dynamic inclusive and
welcoming, conceived of broadly and narrowly?

5) How well did we do on ensuring best inclusive professional practices for
the conference?

Graduate students:

5) Did you feel respected and supported and included?

6) Do you feel like you met senior faculty members who could aid in your
research or give you helpful professional feedback?

7) Do you think that your presentations were equally  valued as more of our
more established senior faculty?

Junior faculty:

8) Did you receive mentoring at this conference, formally and informally?

9) Do you think your research funds were well spent on attending given that
many of you can go to only one conference a year?

10) Is there anything further we could have done to increase inclusion of
junior scholars?

FEAST regulars and senior scholars:

11) Do you feel like you benefited as much, more than, or less than they
typical and more broadly themed FEAST conferences?

12) Were there any cons to having so many graduate students?

13) Do you feel like you learned from the younger scholars?

14) Did we still sustain the beloved FEAST vibe of community and hot
tubbing?

15) Given that we did have such a specific theme and there were so many
young scholars, do you think there was anything we could have done to
improve your experience specifically as senior scholars?

16) Even if you feel as if you learned a lot, do you think narrow topics or
broad topics are more valuable to enhancing scholarship sharing in feminist
ethics and social theory?

--
All my best,
Shay Welch