FEAST-L Archives

October 2009

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Rebecca Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:36:15 -0400
Just to be clear, there is no Tampa/Clearwater city council.  They are
completely distinct cities.  Tampa votes blue and has an exceptionally
pro-GLBT major who has been remarkably proactive about standing up for
same-sex rights both symbolically and practically.  (For example, she
refused to merge the Tampa library system with the Hillsborough County
library system even though it would have saved money, because the county
library system refused to allow a pride day display.  This is only one of
many examples.) Clearwater is mostly populated by retired republican
scientologists.
Cheers,

Rebecca
USF (Tampa)