FEAST-L Archives

November 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:31:34 -0500

Folks:

There's some material in Kant's work on education, as well, which deals with women as adequately rational to raise the next generation of rational (male) moral agents, and that this is an important role in human society that deserves respect and preservation.  I will note that this is a rather more morally problematic version than usual of "those who can, do; those who can't, teach."

If you would like a citation on this, I can hunt it down; e-mail me off-list if this is the case. Alison Reiheld
History, Philosophy, & Sociology of Science
Lyman Briggs College
Michigan State University
Co-editor, Questions: Philosophy for Young People