FEAST-L Archives

February 2022

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Romy Opperman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Romy Opperman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2022 13:20:16 -0500
Dear friends,

I will be speaking about Sylvia Wynter’s “Caribbean critique” at the Centre for Ethics at University of Toronto (virtually) on Monday the 21st of February at 6.30PM ET.

The link for more details is here and the flyer is attached.

Please circulate to any people and/or groups who might be interested.

Event description:

In this discussion, we will examine Sylvia Wynter’s engagement with Frankfurt School theorists Theodor Adorno and Walter Benjamin. This examination is our starting point for considering in detail Wynter’s early work. We will pay particular attention to Wynter’s concept of “Creole critique”—its foundations as well as what it implies for intellectual, critical, and ethical life.

Cheers,

Romy

ROMY OPPERMAN (she/her/hers)
Postdoctoral Fellow
THE NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH
PHILOSOPHY DEPARTMENT

Please note that I don’t expect you to respond to my email outside your working hours.