FEAST-L Archives

October 2017

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Irvin, Sherri L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Irvin, Sherri L.
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:39:25 +0000
Dear Colleagues,
The Philosophy Department at the University of Oklahoma (OU) is hiring an assistant (tenure-track) or early associate (tenured) professor in the Philosophy of Race. We are seeking a candidate doing exciting, innovative research who will be an integral member of our philosophical community. Many members of our department, as well as others at OU, have strong interests in philosophy of race. The position offers a 2/2 teaching load with many opportunities for research support. Our friendly, collegial department is located in a city of 100,000 with lots of green space, good public schools, and many restaurants, coffee shops, recreation opportunities, and locally owned small businesses.

I would be grateful if you would share the position announcement with your networks, and especially with graduate students and early-career faculty who might be interested in joining us: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_45643&d=DwIF-g&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=Fv6wv-zcbjrsTfMWZOx8sG9Bn05EQO7ZEeH0uh6Ipm4&s=6lx1XkSJcJB94w8wgdQzlFMvuNrwCEF-KJjDaB-LSdA&e= . Additional information about our department and about the search is available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__philosophy.ou.edu_faculty-2Dsearch-2Din-2Dthe-2Dphilosophy-2Dof-2Drace&d=DwIF-g&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=Fv6wv-zcbjrsTfMWZOx8sG9Bn05EQO7ZEeH0uh6Ipm4&s=bdU5EDJNLIcZepCSBhCRTdapPHWdGfcIyHoGsYZN_0s&e= .

In addition, please feel free to send me the names of any potential candidates whom we might contact directly. We will be very active in reaching out to early-career scholars in philosophy of race.

I am the search committee chair. Please don’t hesitate to contact me, or direct any queries my way, if questions arise about our search: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

All the best,

--
Sherri Irvin, Ph.D.
Presidential Research Professor of Philosophy and Women’s and Gender Studies