FEAST-L Archives

February 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:06:13 -0600
Dear FEAST Listmembers:

Ann Garry and I have just agreed to co-edit the “Feminist Philosophy” area for PhilPapers and we need your assistance to help grow this database and increase the visibility of feminist philosophy.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity to promote feminist scholarship in the discipline. PhilPapers is a comprehensive directory of online philosophical articles and books by academic philosophers. The site receives about 10,000 visits per day, and there are over 20,000 registered PhilPapers users.

In the next few months we will be re-organizing and expanding the categories listed under the Feminist Philosophy category, and doing our best to populate each category with new articles, book chapters, bookreviews, books, etc. We are particularly interested in increasing the visibility of feminist scholarship by groups that are underrepresented and marginalized within the discipline.

The representation of feminist works in PhilPapers is only as good as the papers that people post and submit.  For this reason we encourage each of you to create a PhilPapers account, browse the site, and to upload your work if it's not already there. To get started and to set up a PhilPapers user account please visit:

http://philpapers.org/help/whatyoucando.html

If you have any suggestions for how we might improve the site. Please contact us off list.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Alison Bailey, [log in to unmask]
Ann Garry, [log in to unmask]