FEAST-L Archives

October 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Balen, Julia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Balen, Julia
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:42:58 +0000
Hi all,

I will be teaching a 200-level social justice course that will focus particularly on issues of freedom and justice in relationship to each other and would love to gather the wisdom of this group on readings that would be appropriate—especially for students who are largely underprepared for college. If you had your choice of one each—a reading on freedom, one on social justice, and the two in relationship to each other--to teach at this level what would it be?

Please reply to me (unless, of course, you would enjoy more conversation on the issues) and I will happily compile and share.

Cheers,

Julia Balén
Professor, English
Faculty Director, Center for Multicultural Engagement
805.437.8435