FEAST-L Archives

June 2011

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Bettcher, Talia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bettcher, Talia
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 07:39:58 -0700
Please distribute widely

The deadline for the Fall APA GLBTTQ Newsletter is fast approaching. We
would like to devote the next letter to discussions of homophobia: what
is it? What is the best way to think of it? How do we combat it? How
does it intersect and interact with racism and sexism? How is it related
to trans-phobia? Essays on practical confrontations with homophobia
would also be welcome: what ways of combating it have worked in your
experience? As this is an informal setting, it would be excellent if
people would be willing to share ideas in development, unusual
approaches to these questions, anything that would spark a good debate
or some new thinking a topic of importance to us all. Please contact me
at [log in to unmask] if you have any relevant work related to this topic.
Although the deadline is actually July 1, I would welcome any thoughts
or ideas by about July 15, and then we can work out details later.

Also, any of you who have published articles or books on GLBTTQ themes
in the past year, please forward along publication information and a
short abstract so we can all see what you've done!

Thanks,

William Wilkerson,

Newsletter Editor