FEAST-L Archives

October 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sally Haslanger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally Haslanger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:13:18 -0400
**

*Massachusetts Institute of Technology*****

*Department of Linguistics and Philosophy*

*77 Massachusetts Avenue, 32-D808*

*Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA*****

October 5, 2012****

Dear Colleagues:****

** **

The MIT Department of Linguistics and Philosophy expects to make one or
more appointments, effective July 1, 2013, for which an advertisement has
been posted online at *Jobs for Philosophers *and PhilJobs.****

** **

MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Cambridge, MA. One or more tenured

or tenure track positions, effective July 2013. AOS: Open.  AOC:  Open.
 Rank: Open.  4

courses/year or equivalent, graduate and undergraduate, semester system.
Applicants should

submit CV, three confidential letters of reference, and a sample of written
work in area of

specialization.  Applications and supporting materials are to be submitted
online at the following

web address: http://academicjobsonline.org

Deadline: November 16, 2012

See also my letter [attached] for the job description.  Applications from
Full Professors may just supply names of references rather than letters,
with the understanding that we will contact references as needed.  Please
contact me if you have questions.  and forward to others you think would be
interested in applying.**

** **

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer
committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and
strongly encourages applications from women and minority candidates.****

** **

Sincerely,****

** **

Prof.  Sally Haslanger****

Chair, Search Committee

* apologies for cross-posting *
Sally Haslanger
Professor of Philosophy and Director, Women's and Gender Studies
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
http://www.mit.edu/~shaslang/home.html