TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

October 2019

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Waldemar Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2019 10:16:28 -0700
Perhaps, we cannot avoid re-distribution of wealth, if we wish to avoid violence.
It does not seem wise to hand out money, no matter the amount, simply to quell our concerns.
But, that money could fund the extensive infrastructural work that remain to be done - as well as fund separation from the oil-based energy economy.
Our government could fund the projects, such as in the WPA, the inter-state highway system, etc - our government would not have to do the work (except, of course, for those projects which would require the Corps of Engineers.  But, even then, many, if not most, contractors would be private individuals and companies.
It would take many people just to do this work.
People who would then be paid for their work.
And, people who would then buy the things they need.

Alexander is quite correct.
Saudi Arabia’s system is an important caution!

Waldemar A Schmidt, PhD, MD
(Perseveret et Percipiunt)
503.631.8044

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (A Einstein)