TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

November 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
easalien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2020 15:21:51 -0800
Hey Guys,

Wonderful conversation. It encompassed a broad swath of the field and the
passion for it is evident. However, there were many questions and few
answers so looking forward to future installments.

The distinction you brought up between common sense ontology and ontic
reality is an important one. I think we get caught up proclaiming the
“Wisdom of the Ancients” instead of seeing things as they are. Frankly, if
they’d solved it, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. We obviously
require a new paradigm.

With that said, I’ll make the case that progress with the Enlightenment Gap
must conform to established science. Given its relative success compared to
the persistent Problem(s) of Psychology, science has earned its authority.
We need to couch the discussion in real terms or risk getting mired in
Post-Modernist Theology, solipsism run amok.

As demonstrated by the Measurement Problem in QM, interpretations of
reality must include the observer, and accounting for them both
simultaneously is the problem before us. However, the beauty of the hard
sciences is they’ve already established their own limitations, e.g. Gödel’s
Incompleteness Theorems and Geodesic Incompleteness in Penrose-Hawking
Singularities. This provides a hint how to proceed.

The intractability of Mind-Body Problem suggests we lack even the
terminology to discuss the topic appropriately. In keeping with the
incompleteness of reality itself, maybe its insolubility is the solution.
If the separation acts as an event horizon, it implies the observer
occupies a central position within a respective black hole, and this is
exactly what’s observed (Schwarzschild-Hubble Equivalence):

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.forbes.com_sites_startswithabang_2020_11_03_did-2D&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=wfZBYqmNGJWuybo2jZ049LNbwHoB3fbn7FUGnJ_R2vc&s=Md8povz2804ONyqRPdaMedUeacFan3a3ToQWWIoMcr8&e=
a-black-hole-give-birth-to-our-universe/?sh=61d2fb450da8

This interpretation leads to other consequences, such that the CMB—leftover
radiation from the Big Bang—is Hawking Radiation (both black body
spectrums), and the Big Bang is black hole evaporation (inverse). This
resolves the matter/antimatter discrepancy (Baryogenesis) while accounting
for the Initial Singularity. It also addresses, as Cadell beautifully put
it, a pathos for the Origin: Absolute Potential.

While advanced extraterrestrial civilizations, I suspect, have their
version of science, the findings should be the same. Even in a relativistic
universe, the laws themselves are identical for different observers, i.e.
Lorentz Invariant. The fact we continue bashing our heads against the same
problems suggests we simply need a new way of thinking. In the tradition of
Einstein, the universe is subtle, not malicious.

Eric

P.S. The Schwarzschild-Hubble Equivalence is this mathematical identity:

Critical density (flat universe): p = 3H^2/8piG
H: Hubble’s Constant
G: Gravitational Constant

Age of Universe (uniform expansion): 1/H
R: Hubble Radius of Observable Universe: c/H
V: Volume (Sphere); 4piR^3/3

Mass: M = Vp = [4piR^3/3][3H^2/8piG] = c^3/2GH

Schwarzschild Radius (black hole): Rs = 2GM/c^2 = 2G[c^3/2GH]/c^2 = c/H

Rs = R

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.researchgate.net_post_Is-5Fthe-5Fpresent-5Fequality-5Fbe&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=wfZBYqmNGJWuybo2jZ049LNbwHoB3fbn7FUGnJ_R2vc&s=w5pnhrtXJtKdmxyeVeSBLBQt7CECc2hI0AEeh5zQ2LM&e=
tween_radius_and_Schwarzschild-radius_of_the_observable_univ
erse_only_a_unique_most_unlikely_coincidence