TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

November 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2020 21:11:56 -0800
Hey ToK folks,

Basic conclusions first:
*We can't test what's formless because the data is continually disappearing.

*This is the mystery of forgiveness:
 Dis-identifying with harmful memories rather than seeking a strategic
method to overcome the memories... which can never work while the body
still expresses an unconscious expectation to be mistreated, no matter how
good with words one is, nobody will hear you while the body feels that way.
The body needs to be convinced.

And since we are only responsible for ourselves, the ONLY real solution is
to defy all induction (that's what I've been stuck on,and think most people
are stuck on...but even that is only necessary but not sufficient...

*One must vocally affirm, or do whatever it takes to truly feel and believe
expectations one has never had, like expecting to speak Spanish when one
wakes up tomorrow.

*this is what it means to stop being the effect and be the cause - to
control what's true...stop being a scientist of life, when life (the
formless, indetermined) can't be studied by science...ha ha ha.

Explanation:

1. A child has a scientific mind.
2. The child gathers information about his interactions, building a model
of what to expect. He then plays with trial and error to achieve the good
life, all while growing into an adult
3.  If the person came to expect mistreatment since adoption...when will
his efforts using science, in testing for results, or trial and error
succeed?
I think never. Never ever, ever.

The outer world to one subject is not a form that sits still while one can
move around mapping it...likewise with love and power.  These are something
forever beyond the scientific mindset of being the effect.

*He  who identifies with loss, loss enjoys to ruin
- Tao Te ching
*From he who [identifies with not having], even what he has shall be taken.
- Jesus (my translation)
*I've been frustrated for a while now with the seeming absurdity of these
claims, as they ask me for defy all induction.

3. We all know that something about consciousness defies scientifuc
testing. Reason and Love/Power seem to me to reflect the duality of form
and formless, and maybe correspond precisely to matter and wave, as Dr. Joe
Dispensa claims in his research....which seems right to me.
*He once said the limbic system looked like the eye of horus as if on
purpose...but what do I know. If a placebo works, it works. Logotherapy.

Thanks for reading,
Jamie

P.S.

*sadly, much of that "life-data of loss" reflects what appears to be,
universally the dark underbelly of humanity. The blessed freedom from some
naivete.
 I've always thought it necessary for people to candidly accept this stuff
to 1. prevent it in the future, but more, 2. To destroy whatever norms
maintain this shadow realm and subversively resist norms of honesty....all
the while people speak of honesty ... which tell me these norms are mostly
unconscious.

For example, in the Navy there were rules we had to break to earn the trust
of our peers and even the chief. I actually had no problem because the
rules seemed like they were for children. But some people thought my
intellectualism meant an honesty that couldn't be trusted... whatev.