TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

November 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Peter Sforza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2020 12:18:58 -0500
Yes, what you suggest does reflect my experience with the modern version of
universities. I attended a presentation once at Virginia Tech where a
fellow from the President's office referred to universities as zombie
institutions.

Recently, I found Haskins "The Rise of Universities" which provides another
perspective from medieval times and perhaps one that is desperately needed
again.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__books.google.com_books_about_The-5FRise-5Fof-5FUniversities.html-3Fid-3DRYMnAAAAMAAJ-26printsec-3Dfrontcover-26source-3Dkp-5Fread-5Fbutton&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=0rKy0chiPEJGqy-KoVMnSndbx9g-7VSkZrY0QLHTqxY&s=0EpIOjNkcPFx6U-VVZ97cTZUPAJTtgGV_3ywtSLXcio&e=

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Sforza
Director, Center for Geospatial Information Technology
Virginia Tech