TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

February 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2020 23:47:35 +0000
Alexander,
  You do have a way of putting things 😊. I think your (somewhat justified) frustration with the modern state of America and its problem with infantile narcissism may cause you to read the quotation differently than I did. The “feel less” in the quote, IMO, refers to the emptiness that shallow achievement and consumerism breeds, in contrast to a deeper grounding in being and an awareness of the virtues that guide our sense of personhood. I certainly think that was the point Mike was making.

Peace,