TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

May 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 12 May 2020 19:49:38 -0700
I’m convinced people can become psychopaths, which I see as simply losing
interest or faith in the simple, obvious, pragmatic good, after making
seemingly innocuous choices, like being lazy, until their mind loses
contact with value from lack of investment in value.
And because everything is exponential, they drift towards entropic, less
useful, less meaningful pleasures until their hearts and vision are so
small, they delight in totally useless behaviors like those we call
“psychopathic”.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 2:46 PM Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think that would be extreme 😊. Consider, for example, there are
> sadistic psychopaths…
>

> But we can say that the Freudian filter is deeply tied to self-deception,
> and that is one of the core features that allows human to “do evil” (to
> borrow a phrase from TOKer Steve Quackenbush).

-Jamie