TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2021

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Bruce Alderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:35:36 -0700
SACRED NATURALISM AND PLANETARY SHAMANISM

In part three of Sacred Naturalism, Bruce, Layman, and Gregg take a deep
dive into the topic of shamanism -- considering the nature and function of
the shaman historically, in contemporary cultural and psychotherapeutic
expressions, and as an archetype for the kind of transcultural,
metapsychological wisdom figure we might need to respond adequately to the
meta-crisis.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_YYCPX-2DO974k&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=dZZ2wZhiTxVHEPKF6OQ6tGs3R1Ts7lGkfn5yPp7CSiA&s=04mKIvsbzV1U9qPiG5C2EjEsbqFURdfPthuAsTv-atM&e=

I discuss some shamanic concepts and practices, Layman introduces his
notion of planetary shamanism, and they explore with Gregg the
intersections of these ideas with UTOK and his recent work with John
Vervaeke and Zak Stein on a metapsychology that takes transformation
seriously.