TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

May 2021

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2021 21:24:05 +0000
Hi Cory,
  Thanks for this note.

  Part of the reason it is so hard to include “the psyche” is because it is confounded and conflated across three broad domains. First, there is the “Mind” which refers to the “dimension of animal-mental behavior” then there is the Person aspect of human mental behavior in the context of Culture (i.e., the science of human behavior at the individual and small group level) and then there is the iQuad Coin, which refers to the unique individual subject from their perspective (as opposed to the other two, which are scientific vantage points).

I am convinced that people flip back and forth between these various meanings and the result is massive confusion and conflation about the referent point for “psyche-ology”