TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

November 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Deepak Loomba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2020 19:04:00 +0530
Thanks.

It is important. As among many groups that I am enrolled into (most
where I am a quite spectator... lack of time), it is only TOK there is a
sensible size core group of major contributors. Otherwise most such
groups turn into one/two emitters others absorbers or skippers. In
contrast, TOK has much larger emitter-participants. And this is pretty rare.

So congrats to you on being a great manager in building this group. I
personally believe that while there could be people who believe & are
convinced of TOK, there could be others who don't subsequently (that too
is an apparent progression). Nonetheless, what's important is that even
those, who don't take away great learning and a perennial source of
intellect available in the group to be used as a sounding board for new
& novel ideas.

I think a well-drafted & declared policy that allows and rather enables
people to share their proprietary information in a closed group without
fear of it being lost could be another valuable outcome from a few
committed intellectuals & academicians getting together.

TY
DL