TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

March 2019

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
JOHN TORDAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 07:37:30 -0700
*"Can you point to anything in your theory that might assist a neuro
experimentalists to bridge the explanatory gap, or know the actual physical
quality of what he is observing?  Representational Qualia Theory certainly
does."*

So I just offered a way to 'bridge the explanatory gap' by seeing
physiologic properties at the cellular molecular level as evolved traits.
By identifying a Qualia as a function of such a property the mechanism for
the sensed interrelationships, such as seeing red and pain can be teased
out. I searched the literature on Representational Qualia Theory and saw no
experimental evidence for it, but maybe that's because I'm not using the
right terms? Please advise. John