TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

January 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
JOHN TORDAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2018 09:12:56 -0800
Gregg, for me the turning point in American higher education was the
application of bottom line-ism, i.e. education as a profit/loss entity.
Once that was in place, there was nothing in recent discussions about the
value of a higher degree and the quality of life......it was all about
tuition in-earnings out as the only consideration. What happened in between
was literally immaterial, hence electronic universities and diploma mills.