TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2020 16:34:04 +0000
I agree with you both that it is a very complicated issue.

The Unified Theory starts with the assertion that the split is based on a faulty “onto-epistemology” that stems from the way mind and matter (and science) is framed by the Enlightenment. Animals behaving as whole entities that produce a functional effect on the animal environment relationship is a particular KIND of behavior, that the Unified Theory identifies as “mental behavior”.

Thus, Hector I will go one further. It is not mental versus behavioral or even mental and behavioral, but it is mental behavior 😊.