TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

February 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
JOHN TORDAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:22:30 -0500
Dear Joe, I find this notion of Moral Time of interest, but only
anecdotally. What I mean is that I attended an evolutionary biology meeting
at Hunter College several years ago. The last presenter was an Emergency
Medicine doctor from Seattle, WA. His hypothesis was that social violence
in this country started in 1959 based on his data. I thought that date rang
a bell, and in mulling it over and doing some fact checking, that was the
year that the Interstate Highway system was started. Certainly such social
upheavel could cause violence. Look at the turmoil caused by school busing
in Boston back in the mid-70's. John Torday