TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

December 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Brandon Norgaard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2020 11:01:28 -0800
I was actually meaning to say that.  Sorry for the confusion.  I copy &
pasted an excerpt from my book that lost the context.  The main point in
saying "we need better ways of understanding." was that we need better ways
than the naturalistic worldview that is commonly accepted within the
scientific community and among lots of college students who are not aware of
more nuanced worldviews.  I am trying to present the ideas developed in
recent years by Gregg and by TOK Society and by others.  That is what I mean
by saying we need better ways of understanding.  It was not to say that we
need better than what you guys have developed, but that we need better ways
than the reductive worldview of E.O. Wilson, Steven Pinker, and others.  The
blog post that I linked lacked that clarification and that context.  I'm
going to fix it.

Brandon Norgaard

Founder, The Enlightened Worldview Project