TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

January 2022

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
James Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2022 06:50:00 +0000
It is an interesting film but I agree with your analysis. It is a great starting point for discussion. We need to have these conversations as we need to undergo the biggest system change in the history of our species in the next decade in order to survive.

It reminds me of the concept of wetiko, advocated by Alnoor Ladha
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.kosmosjournal.org_article_seeing-2Dwetiko-2Don-2Dcapitalism-2Dmind-2Dviruses-2Dand-2Dantidotes-2Dfor-2Da-2Dworld-2Din-2Dtransition_&d=DwIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=tiEi1sosvPb8cm8PWF4yi1EOcWCh4S-GXrpnSf9oTgk&s=9v5Nbl1CgkBdBc54hU9T4o78NgVYQzGVErWlgJJWnuM&e=
[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.kosmosjournal.org_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2016_05_p23-2Ddiseasebig.jpg&d=DwIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=tiEi1sosvPb8cm8PWF4yi1EOcWCh4S-GXrpnSf9oTgk&s=X_vXUoGZrb9KedrWik8oWo_ZCVnaYfDcYawwoOeOSKA&e= ]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.kosmosjournal.org_article_seeing-2Dwetiko-2Don-2Dcapitalism-2Dmind-2Dviruses-2Dand-2Dantidotes-2Dfor-2Da-2Dworld-2Din-2Dtransition_&d=DwIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=tiEi1sosvPb8cm8PWF4yi1EOcWCh4S-GXrpnSf9oTgk&s=9v5Nbl1CgkBdBc54hU9T4o78NgVYQzGVErWlgJJWnuM&e= >
Seeing Wetiko: On Capitalism, Mind Viruses, and Antidotes for a World in Transition – Kosmos Journal<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.kosmosjournal.org_article_seeing-2Dwetiko-2Don-2Dcapitalism-2Dmind-2Dviruses-2Dand-2Dantidotes-2Dfor-2Da-2Dworld-2Din-2Dtransition_&d=DwIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=tiEi1sosvPb8cm8PWF4yi1EOcWCh4S-GXrpnSf9oTgk&s=9v5Nbl1CgkBdBc54hU9T4o78NgVYQzGVErWlgJJWnuM&e= >
May 18, 2016, 10:50 pm I have always thought of capitalism as simply emergent of the favoring and eventual domination of self-centric behaviors over holo-centric behaviors…with separation, fear, private property, hierarchy, and eventually capitalism, the current maximalist expression, being produced along the way.
www.kosmosjournal.org