TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

April 2018

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Lonny Meinecke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:14:36 -0400
Dear Waldemar and TOK Society members,

Thank you! This looks awesome - thank you for sharing this. If I may add, there is an article I found fascinating and very similar (not to mention Lynn Margulis' work on a possible chimeric self):

A Symbiotic View of Life: We Have Never Been Individuals

by Scott F. Gilbert, Jan Sapp, and Alfred I. Tauber

https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/full/10.1086/668166

Much of this ties in nicely with work by Henrik Ehrsson and Olaf Blanke too (not to mention VS Ramachandran's amazing theories).

If I may, it is so neat you mentioned having an artist in the family - from time to time, I ask my daughter if she would sketch up pictures for classes I am working on (e.g Visual Cliff)...

http://lmeinecke.com/img/baby-pitfall-jnm.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for adding me to this list-serv and for sharing the New Yorker article :)

-- Lonny