TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

December 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 2020 14:39:26 -0800
Thanks Gregg,

I love that you are working on getting the scientific language game right,
if only for the sake of the wider culture seeing eye to eye.

As for this mythos or ground of being, I only meant that platonic realm
where math and ideas come, which I'm sure is also where our ends and
intentions are rooted, rather than level 3 nervous systems. (I don't think
every number between 1.0 and 1.1 is listed in some neural database, so
where is the knowledge, and the ideal ends that guide all human behavior,
but from that which can't be spoken in the dualistic language of egoic
intent?)

I'm concerned that the ToK is so vast, yet never vast enough to integrate
all that it could to one, and the evolutionary journey to "getting the
language game right" will involve the entire global evolution of culture,
memes, data visualization, etc, ..and I'd guess that your work will soon
click into place with others, as numerous other language games begin to
fall apart as they fall together into one.

Jamie
PS you replied:

 "Mind/mental behavior is not reducible to Life/Brain any more than the
meaning of this sentence is reducible the adding up the letters."

Exactly...and the whole sentence has an "end" in mind, which can be
represented as an idea in some mathematical space we can also come to
represent as an idea if we wanted to deep dive into whatever we're talking
about.

I suppose what I mean by the cosmic self, or ground of being is simply
"that from which math comes from...as well as these simple ends, beliefs
and intentions"... The realm of ideas, all possibilities, which, being
utterly private, cannot as a whole be represented symbolically (at least
not against the seeking of falsification) as the referent is everywhere.