TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

May 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2020 19:42:10 -0700
I sent a previous email that briefly mentioned visions, purposes, and I
just remembered one that would be a big part of the development of
knowledge: redemption.

Knowledge redeems.
How much about recorded history is true?

Society today has morals and norms that, in my experience, must be violated
in the dark to "make it". There are the outer norms, and a different set of
norms in the shadows, and these shadows aren't just alleyways, but company
departments.

As data pieces together the truth, about our lives, our minds, about
history, connecting the dots between various academic subjects, defining
the boundary between biology and culture such that we can explore it all
the way back to the very emergence of culture, and the rest.

Our morality must adjust. Everything must be reconciled. Perhaps the
journey will go so far as to redeem ancient lives that ended tragically in
despair and this very realization could be the God to support us now
through whatever burden of understanding we may have (especially if that
concern/burden of understanding is belittled and pissed on regularly by
people who'd prefer to believe you're nuts.)

I'm often told to stop caring, but when I ask them, "about what exactly?"
they have no reply.

I suppose I'm just trying to maintain my soul, keeping everything
integrated and whole.