TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

May 2022

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
michael kazanjian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
theory of knowledge society discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2022 16:52:35 +0000
 Cults tend to have devotion without critical thinking, debate.  Cults are the religious/spiritual version of political dictatorship.  Questioning God, the messiah, e.g. Christ, God's gender or sex, and all part of the game of a healthy religion. A religion rejecting questions, is a cult even if it has 10 billion members.  Any open religion asks questions and seeks answers regarding homosexuality, any sexuality, any marriage.

I have had graduate professors who kept telling us and me...."keep your mouth shut....do not question."   They are right, the student is wrong.  And this was not even a church or clergy.
Michael M. Kazanjian