TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2021

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Nicholas Lattanzio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2021 11:38:57 -0500
I love the one titled Equinox with the So Above So Below theme on what
appears to be the cycle and interdependence of life and death. The
particulars of it relate strongly to nondual beliefs with the emphasis of
the negativity principle, in this case with importance and value given to
the dark, bloody, terrible, annihilation of death as the source of life.

The same is true for its use of feminism and hinting at mother earth and
the sacredness of darkness in femininity compared to a lightness and
masculine perspective that dominates Western culture and Eastern
differentially (e.g., Shiva is at the center of Advaistist symbolism for
God, but Christians tend to forget that before Adam and then Eve came the
demon/godess/demigod Lillith, who is basically Shiva generally speaking).

It's the tale of the astronaut who went to space and was asked if he had
seen God in space. When asked what God was like, the Astronaut replied:
"She's black."

Very cool thanks for sharing this Gregg!

Regards,

Nicholas G. Lattanzio, Psy.D.