TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

September 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Brent Allsop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:18:32 -0600
Very interesting, I've never understood it this way, but it makes some
sense.  Though it raises more questions I need to think about and fully
digest.

Promissory notes existed when the US was on the gold standard, right?
A "note" was a promise for a quantity of gold, held by the federal reserve,
if you wanted to trade back to gold?
So, I guess the question you are asking is a good one.  What is the
difference from the above?