TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

November 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Cadell Last <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2020 19:32:30 +0000
Hi all,

During the start of the coronavirus pandemic of 2020, Susan Guner and I started a Meditation Challenge <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_groups_146444433394631&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=FEU1XsKLmuqypSivZPIV82np2H1VaHxoIVqYYw86olE&s=Y2CWfdyJvetWlNjCNlDfGGi5XoArjKCIer2CdutPzwk&e= > in an attempt to provide spiritual service to those interested in using the crisis as an opportunity to go deeper into self. The result was an on-going challenge to return to self-work, and an emergent community interested in keeping the collective fire alive. In order to embed meditation intersubjectively we also complimented meditation practice with dialogues on philosophical and spiritual topics that could help people intellectually integrate the profound experiences that emerge from deep self work.  In order to extend the practice through the entire community, Susan also led an initiative for community chats where members of the meditation challenge could share their story and build higher order wisdom.  Now all of these conversations are archived on Vimeo and organized on my website:

Meditation Community Conversations <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cadelllast.com_about_meditation-2Dcommunity-2Dconversations_&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=FEU1XsKLmuqypSivZPIV82np2H1VaHxoIVqYYw86olE&s=jOlt93PZv1X_d5ge6EZaVy9csDJY5OJkDWNMKS18ozU&e= >
—
Cadell Last
“Die again, die better!”