TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

December 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Cory David Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 19:20:37 -0600
In developmental psychology/behavior terms, it is likely abstract
stage/level or that general bracket in the developmental trajectory. See
below reference.

Commons, M. L., Miller, P. M., & Miller, P. M. (2004). Development of
behavioral stages in animals. *Encyclopedia of animal behavior*, 484-487.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dareassociation.org_documents_Development-2520of-2520Behavioral-2520Stages-2520in-2520Animals.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=EzZTbEo8dgs_2CXmKEFMA_nKkWWIDJp5tpnd-yLSrbU&s=sbyON9dRzy6eHtpU_r75GuPrJ-VbHMutcMenmiaInUo&e=

I wonder if a step further, some animals might be able to generate single
abstractions from concrete stage generated concepts but cannot coordinate
them into systems. Either way, it is probably a neuromorphic constraint.

Cory