TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

August 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
bohdan krucko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2020 02:10:20 +0000
Great idea that you thanked Kim for her talk.Very original for a university to fund and thus legitimize this kind of research.I even heard of parapsychology research projects being done .For decades now.
Probably some scepticism exists whether these phenomenon can be tested and can produce regular,predictable and not anecdotal results.This debate about research methodology is complex,Maybe just people’s perceptions in these areas can be reported on and compared and counted.
When new religions talk about conversations and descriptions of aliens,helping spirits being real and Atlantis definitely existing ,I suppose  this is only true within  their mythical frame of reference.
Interesting,nonetheless,Bohdan

Sent from my iPad