TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

January 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Christopher Hadnagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2020 16:01:02 +0000
Lene,

I didn’t think of that – the effect of the screen on mirror neurons and our ability to build empathy.  That is interesting. When I was young my brother and I would ride our little red wagon down this HUGE hill and crash and laugh our heads off.  Now, we would put helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and sue the city if our kids got hurt. So simple, but how amazing that these advances are and yet how damaging they can be.

Thank you for that thought.

Is Dr. Goleman in this group? Would be interested to hear his take on the effect on our mirror neurons and amygdala hijacking from tech?