TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

November 2020

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Waldemar Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2020 14:54:26 -0800
Deepak:

I share your concern.
Our past 3-1/2+ years  with the current administration seems to provide enough experience to at least suspect that nefarious acts may be afoot.
Past experience is a reasonably good suggestion of future behavior - usually.
Whether there is a coup in the works could become apparent.
Whether such a coup will be successful remains a possibility of (currently) uncertain likelihood.

Certainly, America’s presidential election system is complex and can be confusing enough to raise all sorts of suspicions.
As I understand the process, next comes certification of ballot results by each state, after which a President-Elect is officially recognized and announced.
Then the Electoral College electors perform their task.
Eventually, before January ends, a President-Elect is sworn in and becomes the President.

In the present situation, a coup that succeeds with 50 states participating seems unlikely - but the possibility, however ranked, is not “0"%.
For me, the likelihood seems small enough to be insignificant - and if attempted is more likely to be quashed.

Meanwhile, have faith in the system and the apparent ballot count (at this point).

So far, it seems that most citizens eschew the incumbent’s methodology and champion another route.
Which, of course, has little or no bearing on the substantial problems faced by the USA.

Best regards,

Waldemar

Waldemar A Schmidt, PhD, MD
(Perseveret et Percipiunt)
503.631.8044

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (A Einstein)