From:
"Ilnitzki, Kaitlin - ilnitzks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilnitzki, Kaitlin - ilnitzks
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2021 21:26:15 +0000
I had hoped to get an announcement about this out sometime this month (things have been busy here)!  But LEGO did announce that it would be retiring the EV3 this summer.

What does that mean for VA-DC FLL?

  *   Not much!  Teams will be able to continue using the EV3, NXT and RCX bricks for FLL events.
  *   LEGO will continue to support the EV3 apps for 2 more years. Beyond that the retired apps will still be available for download for an additional 3 years.
  *   Starting in Aug 2022, the Guided FLL Mission will only be available for SPIKE Prime, however VA-DC will do it’s best to provide comparable guidance for EV3 users

Kaitlin Ilnitzki
Assistant Director
VA+DC FIRST LEGO League