From:
George Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:21:49 -0500
http://vadcfllatlanta08.blogspot.com/

Go Green GLOOOCS !!!

The Green GLOOCS just finished an amazing 4 years in the VA
regional and state tournaments and will represent Virginia
at the FLL World Festival in Atlanta April 15-18:
http://www.usfirst.org/community/fll/content.aspx?id=766

Sally (GLOOCS Coach) told me that they went to Atlanta
two years ago when Team Tiki represented Virginia, and
it was an awesome experience (she said "I was glad I
was not a coach" [because of the fast pace]" :-))

We (some subset of the BotBrains) are considering going down
this year to support the GLOOOCS and experience the fun.

The GLOOCS may be "the winners" this year, but it is clear
that team by team, season by season there are amazing stories.
Things happen that are priceless. Kids learn. They have fun.
They grow.

We would like to collect pictures and stories from the VADCFLL
season that can be used in some way at World Festgival to
tell the stories of some of the Virgina teams this year.
Two years ago, I think ?Team Tiki made a collage of team
pictures on a banner?. I'd be open to suggestions for this year
(buttons with a link to the URL of this blog ?)

If you want to contribute, email stories and/or pictures
(one per team) to

They will show up on this blog. Please do not send anything
that could be used to identify or locate the individual kids:
name, location, etc.

'08 was a great year. Thanks to all the tournament organizers,
referees, coaches and teams.

Go Green GLOOOCS !!!

---George Jones, Coach, BotBrains ('04-'08)