From:
Scott Rakestraw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Rakestraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:57:08 -0400
My boys team experienced the same issue with the gyro sensor.  In
researching the issue, it is very common and relates to "drifting".   The
online helps indicates the following:

.                    When connecting the Gyro Sensor to your EV3 Brick, you
must hold it completely still in order to minimize "drifting"

.                    The Angle may "drift" over time and become less
accurate. For best results, reset the angle using the Reset mode of the Gyro
Sensor block before every motion that you want to measure the angle of.

In the forums, people also related it to motor speed.  I would recommend
trying the reset.  If that does not work, have the team compare different
motor speeds.

My team took the easy method, they experiment to determine what the sensor
value needed to be for the robot to turn 90 degrees.  In their case, they
did a loop that exited at 70 degrees, yielding a 90 degree robot turn.
They have not tested enough to know if this is consistent.

To upgrade, go the Lego Education download link that was provides when you
purchased the EV3.  The upgrade download is there.

Scott Rakestraw

Coach for Code Crackers and Capital Girls

www.fllstartingpoint.com